Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Roaring 40s Blue: Excellent After Hockey


The excellence of the blue shirts in hockey gives rise to an equally important question: what blue cheese to eat after the game. My personal favorite in this instance would be Roaring 40s blue. The cheese, from Australia, has an excellent blue flavor without being too overpowering. The cheese is quite creamy, but still crumbles a little. I like this as I can't stand cheese that has the consistency of either paste or crumbs. It tastes great on baguette. If served on a cheese plate, I would, as you would for most blues, recommend it eating towards the end as it will overpower other cheeses. Its available at Zabar's as well as other stores on the Upper West Side.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God damn I love Roaring 40's. I need to pick some of that up.