Thursday, January 11, 2007

Its Not All Weeke's Fault

As I was exiting the Garden tonight, emotionally exhausted after the Rangers 6-4 loss to the Ottawa Senators, I heard a bunch of guys moaning about how the Rangers loss came as a result of the less than stellar goal tending of Kevin Weekes, the back up goalie. I must advise you that they used somewhat spicier language than I am using, but this, as they say, is a family blog. And although Weeke's performance in the second period was pretty lousy, it was made worse by poor defensive work, particarly by Marek Malik. As I and the guy who sits next to me agreed, Malik is, in the fans eyes, the next Tom Poti. Although screaming "MALIK, YOU SUCK" at the top of your lungs lacks the rhythym and timbre that saying the same thing about Poti. But we Rangers fans are adaptable.

Having said that, it was good to see that the Rangers were able to mount a 4 goal comeback after trailing 5-0 at the beginning of the third period. At least there's hope. We'll see Saturday.

No comments: