Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sabra Brand Mid Eastern Foods


Although they try to make their website very "Mediterranean," our friends at Sabra (owned by the Blue and White food company, of course) are actually from...Queens. Having said that, they really do make the best hummus and other Mid-Eastern dishes of any commercial purveyor. My personal favorite is their sauteed eggplant, although I am a fan of almost all of their hummus varieties, even the ones not created anywhere near the Mediterranean Sea. About the only thing I don't like is the plain roasted eggplant, which is well, plain and often a bit bitter. Although I'm sure that all of their hummus tastes great because its full of oil, I don't care. Also, its available almost anywhere, even in Publix in Florida. So you can have it when you get hungry after that early bird special you had with your grandparents. Yum.

No comments: