Thursday, March 20, 2008

W Hotel Chicago, Lakeshore: Nice Hotel, OK Burger


Greetings from Chicago! The whole family arrived today, and are staying at the W Hotel, Lakeshore. I have developed a soft spot for W hotels even as I feel I am twice the age of the average guest. The lobbies are nice, the rooms small but pleasant, and there is usually a decent gym. This hotel seems to be no exception. I am also always pleased at how nice everyone who works at the W hotels are: I was excepting snooty and have yet to find it (although I have never stayed in New York!). Go W go!

It has become a tradition to eat a W hamburger in the lobby after checking in: I thought the burger in Chicago was good, but not as tasty as the one I had last year at the W in San Diego. It was quite huge however; I couldn't finish it and the boys weren't even close. The lovely wife had mussels, which were quite tasty. There is a "Spice Market" menu here as well, but I haven't made it that far yet. Besides, I'm in Chicago and I need to eat pizza and brats!

I have a great burger picture, but forgot the cable that allows me to pump photos from my camera back into the computer: I will post it later.

ADDENDUM 3/22/08 photo added. thank you bluetooth phone!

No comments: