Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sad News: Florent is Closing


The boys and I took the lovely wife to Florent today for Mother's Day.  We went, for the second time this year, by bicycle.  But this time there was a difference.  Florent has lost its lease, and will be closing on Gay Pride Day, June 29th.  Brunch was tasty, but bittersweet.  The LW and I have been going to Florent since we met, and have recently started taking the kids as well.  The waiter informed me that their rent would have gone up "seven times!"  Given that Meat Market's "revivial" I am not sure he was exaggerating.  I never thought I would say this, but I miss those tranny prostitutes.  They kept the prices down and the neighborhood cool.  

Anyway, they are open 24/7 until then.  Anyone who wants to go with me, let me know.  Its the first restaurant closing in a while that really makes me sad.

No comments: