Saturday, May 10, 2008

Rafetto's Fresh Linguine: Is Good!

Those of you who are regular readers of this site know that I am a fan of Rafetto's products. Their pesto is one of best packaged products I have had, and I am a fan of their ravioli. While suffering on Grand Jury duty last year, I would occasionally trudge up to the store at 144 W. Houston Street, NY NY 10012, and buy stuff.

Having said all of that, I had never had their pasta. I bought their prepacked linguine from Zabar's a few days ago, and made it with both their pesto sauce as well as Zabar's meatballs (for the kids...and maybe I helped a bit). It was fantastic!!! It wasn't sticky in the package, or in the pot of water. It also has a distinct flavor, which I often find lacking in pasta, even of the "gourmet" variety. More important, boy 2 could taste the difference as well! If you have pasta that multiple generations can tell the quality of you should buy it!

2 comments:

nygirl said...

Raffetto's marinara sauce is good too. You can add some Aidell's sausaage to it and have an instant meal. All can be kept in the freezer when the frig is empty.

Ira.B said...

you are so correct