Some things just can't be made. That's why they have stores. My friend Robin came over tonight for dinner and brought Sesame Buns stuffed with various foodstuffs from Roll and Dough, which is on 3rd Street just east of 6th Avenue. They make these hockey puck like greasy, sesame coated filled pockets of dough which are actually quite good. We tried the following flavors:
- Pork and Chives. Not my favorite, but everyone else liked them (they are wrong)
- Pork and Cabbage. I liked this one, and so did everyone else. We're all married so we don't care about the cabbage.
- Red Bean. Like every other red bean thing I have tried, tastes like sweet marzipan paste.
- Banana. If you are looking for a sweeter greasy, sesame coated bun than this one is for you.
- Spicy Pork. This was good.