Monday, November 26, 2007

Comings and Goings on The Upper West Side


Today, I noticed that La Grand Esquina, the barber shop on 81st Street and Amsterdam that has been around seemingly forever, is closed. Its barbers have all moved a bit further uptown and the place is for rent. Hopefully it will not be a bank, and I am hoping its not a fourth sushi restaurant.

Columbus Bakery on 83rd Street and Columbus (duh) is undergoing renovations. The permits appear to confirm this, so I don't think they are closing.

Finally, the Funky Diner has been replaced on Columbus with "Cafe Blossom," which appears to be Kosher. I was returning with Boy 1 from Hebrew School when I noticed it and he was in no mood for me to peruse the menu. If anyone knows anything, let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Blossom has another outpost downtown, and is organic vegan.
http://www.blossomnyc.com/

Ira.B said...

mmmm,
sawdust